This post may contain affiliate links so we may receive compensation if you sign up for or purchase products linked to below. As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. Read our disclosure for more information.
You have to go all out when purchasing the best LED grow lights for vegetables. Selecting a suitable model can be a bit of a challenge at times. You have to know what features will work for your plants and which ones can do damage. So we decided to review some of the best models to inform you and give you some excellent choices. Read on to discover more.
Best LED Grow Lights for Vegetables for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros and Cons
Before the detailed part of the review, we put our best picks in a table to help you compare. Comparisons will help you know the essential elements to have in your lights. The table contains products matched against features that people look at when purchasing grow lights.
Here is the table we prepared for you.
|Product||Brand||Style||Light Source||Color||Shade Material||Details|
|Gerylove||Traditional||LED||Metal, Aluminum||See price|
|Philizon||Modern||HPS, LED||Metal||See price|
1. EXLENVCE 1500W LED Grow Light
- Tipple chip 15W LED design
- Veg and bloom channel
- Daisy chain multiple lights
- 4 Years warranty
If you have been looking for lights that come with a design that allows a high-efficiency level, you can consider getting this system. It comes with a variety of features that you will find helpful in the long run. We checked out its triple chip 15W LED design and discovered that it is a feature that ensures more brightness and efficiency.
It’s a one-of-a-kind design engineered to provide a maximum light output with minor energy use. The amount of light it produces ensures that your vegetables are healthy aide that they grow fast.
Its VEG channel has a full spectrum of colors required by your vegetables at the early stages. It consumes only 1555W of power at this stage. The BLOOM channel utilizes red wavelengths to mimic late summer when growing plants thrive while consuming only 80W.
This model performs better than previous models in the series in this instance. Its daisy chain design keeps your garden organized by reducing wiring. Just follow the installation instructions to ensure safety. Try running this device 15-18 hours a day during germination and 121-14 hour a day during flowering to get the most out of it.
- It is easy to install with a chart with listed instructions on how to hang it.
- This light does not produce heat. It is convenient because it allows you to hang the light close to the plants for as long as possible.
- It’s energy-efficient – It uses less power allowing you to run cycles for as long as you want while cutting back on power costs.
- It comes with a four-year warranty.
- The lack of heat from these lights leaves room for mildew to grow, so you have to monitor your soil closely.
2. HYPHOTONFLUX HPF4000 LED Grow Light
- Two dimming modes
- Three-year warranty
- Pure aluminum light bars
- Meanwell driver
As one of the best LED grow lights for vegetables, this model will with time reveal to you why it’s better than more traditional HPS and red and blue LEDs. The manufacturer designs it with the latest technology that brings all the difference. We could tell from the way that the package came that it is of superior quality. It comes protected with foam compartments inside the box. Its size is such that it covers an appropriate amount of space since it is pretty large.
All your plants get to receive an equal amount of nourishment from it with this feature. We found that it does not have any fans on it, making it attractive since it operates quietly. Also, the air movement is limited so that your crops didn’t have to ensure any harassment. You can keep the light intensity checked with the dimming knob to make sure you can work comfortably.
- The detachable driver gives you the option of putting it on the light or outside the tent.
- The design is waterproof
- It provides broad coverage of the growing area.
- You can adjust light intensity as it is dimmable.
- It operates quietly and without producing unwanted heat. You will have a clear growing tent so that you can keep an eye on your plants conveniently.
- The dimming process manual. Remote control would be more convenient than manual knob control.
3. Gerylove 600W LED Grow Light
- Multiple modes
- 60pc Double chips LEDs
- 600 watt
- 50000 hours
This model is the most favorably priced one in our review. Although the pricing is different from others in our review, it still comes with features that allow it to deliver the best results.
We tried it ourselves and have all good things to say about it. For example, it is easy to hang since it comes with a simple clip on the stainless steel hangers to help with that.
The manufacturer designed it to be effective in delivering results. It comes with cooling fans to ensure that the temperatures are just suitable for your plants as well. You can adjust the kind of light under illumination using either of the two switches that come with it.
The noise level by the fans is relatively low and acceptable, so you shouldn’t experience any distractions when tending to plants. The same thing applies to heat emissions from this model.
- It has multiple modes, which are helpful for plants in different stages of growth.
- The design of this model promotes energy efficiency so that you can save up on energy bills.
- It mimics natural sunlight perfectly. The light it gives out is at a proper wavelength.
- It has a concise warranty on it.
4. Philizon Newest 1200W LED Plant Grow Light –Most EffectiveRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- No reflector
- 1200W LED grow light
- Double switch
- Cooling fans
Philizon Newest 1200W LED Plant Grow Light is one of the best LED grow lights for indoor vegetables for several reasons. First, let’s start with the manufacturer’s design, which has a good shape to ensure that it covers as much space as possible around your plants.
Another thing that makes this model one of the most outstanding ones in the market is that it lacks reflectors that are fire hazards. Finally, the components that make up this grow light system ensure a high level of energy efficiency.
You can use it in place of MH or HPS lamps which tend to drive your energy bills up. There are two cooling fans within this system, which play a role in the energy consumption within this model and regulate the temperatures around your plants.
You can switch between two modes depending on the stage of development of your plants as well. This model is a wise investment if you want the effectiveness that comes with low energy consumption.
- It promotes fire safety within the grow tent. The manufacturer intentionally eliminates a reflector that quickly catches fire.
- It is energy efficient since uses little power and produces almost zero heat.
- This light has a more comprehensive light spectrum that covers a significant area.
- It has cooling fans to ensure proper air circulation for your plants.
- The fans are noisy and pose a security risk.
5. Giixer 1000W LED Grow Light – Most ReliableRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Double switch
- 50000 hours
- Full-spectrum light
- Dual chips LED lamps
- 1000 watt lamps
This model is an improvement of previous modes in this series. It offers excellent service for your plants using all the fantastic features it comes equipped with. When running, it consumes little energy since the lamps only consume 110 watts.
There are two switches on it for you to adjust the light according to the stage of your plants. The veg switch has blue and white LED, which is excellent for young vegetables, while the bloom switch has red and white LED for plants in the flowering stage.
We tagged it as the most reliable model in our review because it has protective diodes that ensure the bulbs stay on even when one chip gets damaged. This device has 50000 hours of use in it. You can trust it with your plants since it operates on a full spectrum.
Also, it has a two-year warranty which is convenient. You can turn into an expert farmer by choosing to apply this device. All you have to do is set it up, and you are good to go.
- It is energy efficient. The design and components used and the LED Bulb, such as the Dual chip, ensure proper energy consumption.
- The double switch is convenient for plants in different stages of growth.
- It is reliable. It has to protect diodes that ensure it keeps running even when one chip is dysfunctional
- The light produced by these lights is on the full spectrum.
- The fans are a bit noisy, according to one user.
6. VIVOSUN Latest VS1000 LED Grow Light – Best energy savingRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Dimmable ballast
- Full-spectrum light
- VS1000 LED Grow light
- Ventilation holes
VIVOSUN Latest VS1000 LED Grow Light has all the makings of an excellent plant grow lights system. One of the things to look forward to with this device is that it saves energy while delivering top-tier results. It performs better than traditional HID lamps, according to experts.
You will have maximum control over illumination since it comes with a dimmable mob. Such accessories like this one make it perfect for beginners.
It gives off light that is similar to that of the sun. The system within this model keeps heat and noise at minimal levels. This quality allows you to place the lamp as close as you can to your growing plants. It is built in such a way that it doesn’t require fans as well. It also comes with a three-year warranty.
- Instead of fans, this model has ventilation holes that are more energy-efficient and silent.
- The design comes with a dimming mechanism. As a result, you have control over the amount of light reaching your plants.
- It consumes little power but has a high light output which makes it more efficient than traditional models.
- The fact that it has a dimming knob instead of the remote control may be a bit inconvenient.
7. IPlantop Daisy Chain 1500w Grow Light – Most InnovativeRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Daisy chain design
- Variable dimmer
- Aluminum reflective hood
- 4000K White full spectrum
- 2-year warranty
One element of this model that we found outstanding is the daisy chain design, which reduces clutter in your space. The design eliminates the need to use cables. As the most innovative model in our review, it has a variable dimmer that goes from 0-100%. This feature ensures that you eliminate extra costs in your utility bills.
You can switch the light intensity to levels that you want to ensure that you work comfortably. Its aluminum illuminating reflective hood provides that all the light concentrates in your plants. As the best LED grow lights for growing vegetables indoors, it has a 4000K white full spectrum for your plants in various stages of growth. It also comes with a four-year warranty which is convenient.
- The intensity of the white light is convenient. Growers can work without eye strain and with clarity.
- It has components that add to its efficiency. For instance, it has a dimmer, atmospheric condition monitor and hangers
- It comes with a convenient four-year warranty.
- It does not have a cooling fan. As a result, you might have an issue regulating the amount of heat in your grow tent.
Buying Guide for Best LED Grow Lights for Vegetables
There are no specific lamps for vegetables. However, most grow lights have switches that allow you to adjust the light to favor the growth process of vegetables. Choosing the suitable lamp for our plants, however, may present a challenge at times.
Here are the things you can consider when buying the best LED grow lights for vegetables.
We recommend considering the size of your grow lights regarding the size of your plantation. Also, factor in portability since you might have to change the position of your grow lights from time to time. Look for a model that comes in a convenient size and weight. Size is also a matter of safety because your lamp lights could be a fire hazard if positioned wrongly.
You can choose either hanging lights or the kind that you have to screw into light fixtures. Regarding the type, the sort of plants you have also play a part in guiding you on the type of lights you buy. For vegetables, they require hanging lights, which often are more extensive than desktop lights. Size and kind go hand in hand, and you should let the two elements guide you.
The matter of wattage refers to the photosynthetic photon flux density that measures light emission. Wattage helps figure out eh correct level of this element for your plants
Frequently asked Questions
Q: What is the best position for growing lights?
You have to consider factors like wavelength and wattage when positioning your grow lights. Experts suggest a minimum distance of two feet from indoor plants to prevent overheating. LEDs produce very little light.
Q: Are LED lights more effective than other alternatives?
Indoor farming experts recommend LEDs for all that they have to offer. They utilize full–spectrum illuminations, which fluorescence and incandescent lamps may fail to achieve.
Q: How long should you keep LED grow lights on?
If you want to ensure that your plants get the most out of your LED grow lights, you should keep them working for a minimum of eight hours and a maximum of 16 hours a day. Your location and time of the year can direct you to know how long you should keep your lights on
Getting the best grow LED lights for vegetables could change your indoors farming experience. We hope that you find our review helpful when you go to purchase your grow lights. It’s unlikely that you will miss at least one product that could work for you. Go for the kind that has the most to offer and delivers in equivalence to its value. Ensure that you examine all the accessories that come with every model well before praising.
Leave a Reply