This post may contain affiliate links so we may receive compensation if you sign up for or purchase products linked to below. As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. Read our disclosure for more information.
Building a modern home is never complete without including a portable hottub for your outdoor bathing endeavors. However, buying reliable and one of the best portable hot tubs is something you need guidance to achieve. With the help of outstanding and comprehensive portable hot tub reviews, you can never go wrong with your purchase. Here’s a review to guide you on picking the best portable hottub in 2022.
Best Portable Hottub Reviews: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
To understand how portable hottubs work and how it compares with the others in the market, you need a comparison that sets its features apart. Here is a summarized comparison table with the hot tubs’ basic features to help you set one apart from the other.
|Product||Brand||Dimensions||People Capacity||Water capacity||Max Temperature||Details|
|Coleman||77 x 77 x 28 in||4 – 6 people||242 gallons||104°F||See price|
|Coleman||28 x 24 x 21 in||2 – 4 people||177 gallons||104°F||See price|
|Intex||77 x 77 x 26 in||4 people||210 gallons||104°F||See price|
|Bestway||66.93 x 66.93 x 25.98 in||2 – 3 people||160 gallons||104°F||See price|
|Bestway||71 x 71 x 26 in||2 – 4 people||177 gallons||104°F||See price|
|Bestway||70.87 x 70.87 x 25.98 in||5 – 7 people||297 gallons||104°F||See price|
|BEYOND MARINA||82 x 82 x 25.6 in||4 – 6 people||264 gallons||108°F||See price|
1. Coleman SaluSpa Portable Hot Tub
- Digital control panel for easy operation
- Power saving timer for efficient energy and money usage
- Durable PVC material and I-beam construction for superior strength and stability
- Simple inflation and deflation design for easy setup and maintenance
- Compact deflation for easy portability and storage
As the best overall in our portable hot tub reviews list, the Coleman portable hot tub displays some of the most remarkable features that the best portable hottub should have. Its easy-to-use digital control panel allows you to heat and control the temperature of water to a maximum of 1040 F. You can easily control the flow of massaging bubbles using the control panel as well.
Its power-saving timer makes it possible to set a preferred temperature up to 72 hours before the session to help save energy and money. According to the manufacturer, it has a durable and innovative construction that ensures superior strength and stability to maintain its shape during your bathing session.
Additionally, it is easier transporting this hottub as it is easy to deflate for easier storage and transportation.
- It has an easy and straightforward setup that allows you to put everything ready for use within 30 minutes.
- It supports an indoor faucet connection that allows the easy supply of warm water from your indoor faucet—no need to wait for cold water to warm up.
- With just the circulator pump and heater pump running, it always runs with little to no noise.
- The heater warms water at a rate of 2 degrees per hour, making it less effective for urgent hot bath needs.
- Its filters clog up much faster, making it hard to wash and reinstalling them every time.
2. Coleman SaluSpa 71″ x 26″ Havana AirJet Portable Hot Tub
- Remote control for easy control of the pump, temperature, and massage system
- Soothing AirJet system to offer a relaxing massage session
- ChemConnect chemical dispenser for even the spread of a stable level of chlorine
- A reinforced cover that holds in heat when the spa isn’t in use
- Made with Tritech materials for superior durability and maintenance of shape
The Coleman SaluSpa AirJet is considered the best portable hottub by many hot tub users and our premium pick in the list of portable hot tub reviews. Its many outstanding features perfectly fit its fair price. It is among the few hot tubs that come with remote control for easy operation. And it also has 60 slots of soothing AirJet system for a relaxed massaging session.
Additionally, it is made using Tritech material that is stress-tested to offer top-notch durability and maintain its shape regardless of the number of times you deflate or inflate it. Its ChemConnect chemical dispenser makes it easy to dispense chlorine and maintain healthy clean water for secure baths.
You can trust this to be the hottub for you as it has promising positive reviews from other users.
- It is super easy to set up, especially when you use the included spa pump.
- It comes with a padded floor, which makes it one of the most comfortable hot tubs.
- You can set up the temperature of your spa up to 99 hours in advance thanks to its power-saving timer.
- Its insulated top and sides don’t hold air perfectly hence losing warmth faster when not in use.
- You have to keep up with a slow charging rate of about 2 to 3 degrees per hour.
3. Intex 28481E Outdoor Portable Hot Tub
- 100 water jets for maximum relaxation
- Easy-to-use and tilt adjustable control panel for serving up to four people
- Laminate PVC material offers extra-durable construction for long-lasting use all season
- Insulated cover heater for perfect concealment of heat inside the hot tub when not in use
- Floating chlorine dispenser for maximum chlorine spread into the water
As the best value hot tub in our list of the best portable hot tub reviews, this best portable hottub is a darling choice to many who appreciate quality and reasonable pricing. Its 100 water jets are strategically situated in the hot tub walls to ensure pampering is easier than ever.
The jets give you the optimal spa experience you can get in relaxing warm water. It is not considered the best portable hot tub by many users for nothing. It is constructed using the highly-durable PVC material to serve you longer and better.
Additionally, you don’t have to worry about the water cooling down after heating, and you’re not yet ready for the bath. It comes with an insulated cover to help keep the water warm when not in use.
- It comes with almost everything you need in a hot tub, including an inflation hose, carry bag, test strip, floating chlorine dispenser, etc., for easier operations.
- This hot tub is fast to set up with an average of 20 minutes of setup time.
- You always know you are safe, thanks to its external solid mesh for additional safety.
- It takes an extra-long to heat the water with at least 24 to 48 heating hours.
- Only up to four people are limited to enjoy its great features at a time.
4. Bestway 60038E St. Lucia SaluSpa Portable Hot TubRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- AirJet targeted a bubble massage system with 110 jets to enhance a relaxing experience
- A digital control panel for effective control of the jets’ water temperature and flow
- Fitted with lift handles for easy portability when filled with water
- Deflates compactly for easy transportation and storage
- Reinforced covers with safety lock clips to minimize temperature loss and keep the tub clean from debris
Bestway 60038E is one of the most sought-after hot tubs and considered a great portable hottub by many of its users. Thanks to its AirJet targeted bubble massage system that shoots 110 jets, you can enjoy an unmatched spa experience flushing from within the tub.
Its digital control panel is made in such a way that you can easily control it by the reach of your fingertips without stepping out of the tub. With the help of the Bestway Smart Hub App, you can program the heating system for the next 40 days.
Its users rank it as the best portable hottub for these features that simplify use and control. Plus, you can count on its reinforced covers that come with safety lock clips to retain temperature and keep the tub clean when not in use.
- It is easily portable when filled with water and when not in use as you can easily deflate it for transportation and storage.
- It offers super quiet operations hence minimal disturbances even when using it at night.
- It heats up much faster and holds the heat for longer before the subsequent heating.
- It could be better if it held more people at the same time.
- The setup could be challenging as the instructions come only in pictures.
5. Bestway SaluSpa Miami Portable Hot TubRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 120 bubble jets for a luxurious treat
- A power-saving timer for automation of the spa’s temperature up to 72 hours in advance
- Puncture-resistant tri-tech material and I-beam construction make it strong and durable
- Fitted with lift handles for portable usage as it can be moved around easily
- Multifunction spa pump for heating the water, inflating the spa and regulating the filtration system
Thanks to its various features, it is ranked the best portable hottub with most users who have tried it alongside other hot tubs. It perfectly fits into our list as it meets many hot tub users’ needs.
You can’t resist its luxurious treat coming from the 120 bubble jets that massage you as you enjoy the warm bubbling bath. It is easier to save power with the power-saving mode to automate the spa’s temperature 72 hours in advance.
Additionally, the spa is constructed with durable tri-tech material and I-beam construction to maintain its shape and stability for a long time. With the multifunction spa pump, you can see why its users rank it the as one of the best in the market today.
- You don’t need extra tools to set this spa up as it has a simple construction that’s easy to set up.
- There’s an assurance of safety with the cover that helps to maintain the spa’s temperature and keep debris from entering the spa when not in use.
- Perfect for on-the-go usage as it is easy to carry around both when deflated and inflated.
- The spa cannot be used at a temperature less than 390
6. Bestway SaluSpa 71″ x 26″ Helsinki AirJet Portable Hot TubRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Built-in clear soft softening system protects you from the effects of hard water
- Digital operating panel allows you to control the spa from the inside
- Stylish cover for protecting the water from dirt and reduce the rate of heat loss
- Puncture-resistant Tritech material and I-beam construction for durable performance
- Fitted with lift handles for easy portability
With these top features, it is no doubt the users of Bestway Helsinki AirJet portable hot tub have ranked it as the best portable hottub in the market today. Its unique inbuilt, clear softening system will help soften hard water and keep your skin safe from the effects of hard water.
You can efficiently operate it from the inside with the help of its easy-to-use digital control panel situated on the inside. Furthermore, you can stop worrying about it breaking down soon after buying it since it is made using a durable Tritech material and I-beam construction.
It is indeed a hot tub that befits being the best for those who have experienced its features firsthand.
- It is easier to set up and maintain.
- It has superbly large water and people capacity, accommodating up to 7 adults at the same time.
- It easily accommodates additional seats to help kids sit and still stretch above water.
- It takes more time to fill up the spa with water and consequently heating the water.
7. BEYOND MARINA Portable Hot TubRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Built-in pump and filtration system to help save time on setup and storage
- An easy-to-reach soft-touch integrated control panel allows you to control everything easily
- 130 high power bubble jets for a soothing massage experience
- Extra safe top cover for maximum safety and temperature retention
- Made with Tritech 3X fortified material for durable and long-lasting performance
While every verified user seems to agree this is the best portable hottub they’ve used, it’s essential to understand why they claim so. Its built-in pump and filtration system helps you use minimal storage space and save time during setup. While using it, you don’t have to perform long stretches to control its features.
The control panel is well-designed and situated next to you for easy operation. It is also the best portable hot tub because of its 130 high power bubble jets that give you a soothing massage to make your bathing experience a luxurious one.
Additionally, you don’t need to worry about your kids accidentally falling into the spa when full of water as it comes with an extra safe top cover to ensure everyone is protected and the water remains warm.
- It’s fitted with electric leakage protection to protect you against electric shock.
- A simple classic design made from superior-strength laminated PVC fabric.
- The internal construction is designed to offer top-notch stability and achieve a comfortable surface.
- The tub is prohibited from working at temperatures lower than 320 F, making it impossible to use in colder areas.
How to Pick the Best Portable Hottub: Buying Guide
Picking the best portable hot tub is never easy when you aren’t sure of what to look for in one. With a reliable buying guide, you will undoubtedly have a deeper understanding of what to look for when picking a befitting portable hot tub. Here are factors you should consider when picking the best portable hot tub for your modern home.
You must check if the size of the portable hot tub you want to buy will be enough for you and your family or friends. Also, make sure you have enough room on your patio or deck to accommodate the size of the tub you are choosing.
The purpose of the hot tub can also determine size. If you’re purchasing it for pleasure and comfort with friends and family, then a larger one will work perfectly. However, if you are purchasing it for soothing your aching muscle, then a smaller fitting one will do.
The Material Used
Check out if the hot tub is constructed using a reliable and durable material that will serve you the longest. Since you’re purchasing a portable hot tub, it must be made using puncture-resistant material to make it easier to use anywhere you go with it.
The Number of Bubble Jets
This is especially important to consider if the main reason for purchasing the tub is to soothe aching muscles. The bubble jets are responsible for massaging and soothing your muscles and give you the luxurious feel you yearn for. On average, many of the models in the market today offer between 80 and 140 jets.
The Safety of the Spa
A hot tub can cause serious accidents that could lead to young children drowning if left unattended. It is, therefore, vital to consider buying a hot tub that comes with safety features. You should check if it has a cover that perfectly seals the tub when not in use to prevent children from accessing it without an adult’s help. Also, check for things like electric shock preventers to be sure you can enjoy your spa sessions without worry.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I maintain a portable hot tub?
When cleaning a portable, inflatable hot tub, avoid using strong soap or detergent as these leave a residue that can easily damage the filter and jets of your tub. You can drain the hot tub three to four weeks if you consistently use it, and once empty, clean it gently with mild detergent and water.
Q: How long should my portable hot tub serve me?
On average, an excellent portable hot tub should serve you for between 5 and 20 years. The length of time it serves you mainly depends on maintenance.
Q: Are portable hot tubs worth the purchase?
They certainly are. If you land on one of the best portable hot tubs, then you will optimally enjoy the value of your money and investment. They help you enjoy a relaxing massage session alone or with your loved ones.
Whatever hot tub that fits your need should qualify as your best portable hot tub as all of these hot tubs possess admirable features that will work best for anyone looking for a standard choice. You can weigh out your options and settle for one that fits your budget and needs perfectly.
Leave a Reply