This post may contain affiliate links so we may receive compensation if you sign up for or purchase products linked to below. As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. Read our disclosure for more information.
Obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and depression are outcomes of an unhealthy lifestyle — that includes missing out on a recommended number of hours and quality of sleep. There are a number of things you can do to achieve that night after night for your own good.
Developing regular sleeping patterns and habits is crucial. And, the best sleep mask for side sleepers could be a vital aid to achieve that.
Best Sleep Mask for Side Sleepers for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Craving for a restful, good night’s sleep? If you’re a side sleeper, you might be wondering if a sleeping mask is good for you. Anyhow, even if you’ve been using sleep masks for a while, there’s a big chance you’re challenged to find the right product, most especially if you sleep on your sides.
So, we put this list together to give you a roundup of the most comfortable and practical face masks that won’t hurt your face while you sleep. Here are the top 7 face masks suited for you:
|TOPOINT||6.2 x 4.7 x 1.5 inches||5.6 oz.||Built-in speakers & mic, BlueTooth connectivity||● Black|
|GRAPHENE TIMES||10.67 x 3.34 x 0.39 inches||1.76 oz.||USB cable||● Blue|
|Lewis N. Clark||13 x 9 x 4.2 inches||3.2 oz.||travel pouch||● Black|
|MZOO||9 x 3.8 x 0.5 inches||5.61 oz.||earplugs, travel pouch||● Black|
|MLVOC||Not specified||Not specified||Contoured travel pillow, earplugs||● Black|
● New Black
|ZIMASILK||8.6 x 4.6 x 0.19 inches||0.64 oz.||adjustable, elastic strap||● Black|
● Navy Blue
● Royal blue
|Sleepfun||8.5 x 4.2 x 1.8 inches||2.4 oz||one more sleep mask||● Black|
1. TOPOINT Eye Mask with Wireless Audio & Mic
- Bluetooth enabled
- Built-in mic
- Built-in headphones
- Comes with built-in, rechargeable batteries
- Hands-free operation
Love listening to music but hate going to bed with your headphones? This sleeping mask relieves you from that discomfort while blocking off the light. This mask lets you fall into a deep slumber. It seriously takes you out of your room and into your dreams in no time! Enjoy a deep, relaxing sleep continuously for up to 9 hours.
- Material is made with 95% cotton and 5% polyester which makes it so ultra-comfortable to wear.
- We like how it takes just 2 hours to fully charge and up to 9 hours of playtime.
- One of the best features, of course, is you get to listen to relaxing tracks while you sleep.
- Enjoy all the amazing features rolled into one without getting tangled in messy wires.
- Wear it to match multiple uses not just sleeping, that includes yoga and meditation.
- Battery life and playing time depend on use and product maintenance.
2. GRAPHENE TIMES USB Self-Warming Eye Mask
Say, ‘Goodbye’ to tired, strained eyes! Introducing a sleep mask that does not just allow your eyes to rest but also be pampered and allowed to heal. If you strain your eyes staring at your work screen for 8 possibly more hours every day, this is one product you need to own. The best part is that you can take it anywhere and enjoy a few minutes away from your devices to give your eyes a quick R&R — even as you sit upright on your office chair.
- This eye mask comes with an auto shut-off setting so you can simply put it on and forget about it.
- It’s a low-powered device which makes it easy to find a power source whether that’s your power bank or mobile.
- Seller guarantees overheating should never be an issue.
- Not only does it help relieve eye strain, but it also helps with blood circulation around the eyes.
- Use it to improve sleep quality while also preventing dark circles and eye bags.
- We can’t help but think this product could be better without the wire.
- It doesn’t help that it’s non-rechargeable either.
- You need to plug it into another power source like a laptop or power bank just to get it working.
3. Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask with Adjustable Straps
- Comes in a pack of one or two
- Elastic straps
- Made with breathable, comfortable, and lightweight nylon
- 3 universal colors to choose from
If a basic sleeping mask is all you need, this one will absolutely not fail you. We love its soft and comfortable feel on the face. Even though the outer material looks cheap, it helps keep the mask cleaner for longer. It’s also easy to wash and dries out fast. So you can wash it when you wake up and it’ll be dry by the time you hit the sheets tonight.
It’s perfect for people who are prone to acne and those who just like to keep things neat and tidy. In which case, a spare is highly recommended.
- This product is fastened by elastic straps with a buckle so it doesn’t get stuck in your hair.
- It totally blocks off the light and prevents it from coming in.
- Plush fabric presses softly against your face to avoid headaches.
- It is made of cotton, which provides comfortable sleep.
- This product complements CPAP masks well.
- The outer material of the mask could be better.
4. MZOO 3D Contoured Sleep Eye Mask — Best Contoured Eye MaskRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Made with soft and comfortable memory foam
- Contoured design
- Made using heat bonding technology
- Anti-stain fiber fabric
Just like the Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask, this product also comes with a contour which helps minimize pressure over your face and eyes. This one, however, is completely off the surface of your eye area. With its soft material and belt buckle, you won’t have to keep readjusting its position on your face throughout the night.
- The strap is fully adjustable and it does not get caught up in your hair.
- The face mask has a contour that also prevents pressing against your nose bridge.
- Hollow eye space keeps your eyes relaxed and free from unnecessary pressure.
- The thread stitches don’t hurt your face and don’t leave marks.
- It fits snugly and comfortably on your face.
- Some folks may require some getting used to its lightness and might initially feel uneasy with this mask on.
5. MLVOC Eye Mask Travel Kit — BEST 3D Eye Mask for TravelRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Comes with a contoured neck pillow
- Includes earplugs and a bag
- 4 universal colors to choose from
The eye mask and all the accessories in this kit are washable and dry up fairly quickly. Dustproof and lint-free material makes it a great travel companion.
In particular, we like how the 3D Contoured Eye Mask wraps around the eye area and takes the pressure off of the brows. This contour plus its lightweight features definitely make it the best sleep mask for side sleepers who also love to travel. It’s also admirable that even after forcefully twisting and turning the eye mask both ways, it goes back to its original shape. A big wow!
- Materials are selected to be highly suitable for travel and transport.
- The eye mask will not be deformed inside your purse or bag.
- It’s lightweight and easy to fit into your bag.
- The accompanying contoured pillow and earplugs work together to give you quality sleep when traveling.
- Some people may find discomfort with the eye mask resting on the bridge of the nose.
- We recommend soaking the items under the sun to disinfect naturally but also to remove the natural smell of the materials.
6. ZIMASILK Super Smooth Silk Mask — Best Silk MaskRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 10 luxurious colors to choose from
- Made with 100% natural silk
Basic with a luxurious edge — that’s the way we would describe this product in 5 words. There’s nothing special about how it’s structured but the touch of silk on your skin definitely kicks in the ideal mood for sleeping. The best part is that this product gives you 100% natural silk for less than 10 bucks!
For buyers who are conscious of how the material rubs against skin, give your skin no less than silk. It’s gentle on the thin, sensitive skin around your eyes. You’ll find this greatly contrasts with the Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask with Adjustable Straps.
- This product is perfect for you and also for gifting.
- An adjustable buckle belt keeps the mask in place.
- A wide mask design helps better keep surrounding light out.
- Soft, moderately thick cushion promotes comfort without making it a deterrent for side sleepers.
- One size fits most users but not all.
- The wrap-around belt has a tendency to get tangled with your hair strands.
7. Sleep Fun Orbit Eye Mask — Best Lightweight MaskRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Made with elastic polyester fabric
- Comes with a Velcro wraparound belt
- Uses memory foam for cushion
- Thin and high-density filling sponge
- Wider coverage area
Sleeping mask slipping off of your nose? No longer an issue with this sleep mask — thanks to its wide area coverage and Velcro closure! Now you can sleep on your sides or on a moving vehicle without having to worry about losing your mask little by little.
- This product comes in packs of 2–share with a companion or as a spare to keep it neat.
- Memory foam brings close to total darkness even around the nose.
- The contoured structure keeps the mask off for most of your eye area.
- Your hair can get tangled in Velcro if you fail to attach both sides firmly and correctly.
How to Buy the Best Sleeping Mask for You: Buying Guide
Shopping for sleep masks should be really easy, right? After all, all you really need is something that blocks light while you sleep. Unfortunately, it’s not really just that simple.
If only because sleep is vital for your health and well-being, you need to examine your options well. Continue reading to be sure to get the best value for your money.
The material with which your mask is made is one of the most important factors when shopping for this item. After all, nobody would want to sleep with an uncomfortable sleep mask. Some of the best materials are silk, cotton, and memory foam.
Check what the sleep mask is made of inside and out. Make sure it doesn’t apply unnecessary pressure on your eye area. It pays to pay attention most especially if you have allergies. Plus, getting the best value for your sleep mask takes more than saving up a few dollars. You want materials that will keep your mask in shape for a long time.
Isn’t it annoying when you’re trying to get a good night’s sleep, and then your sleep mask falls off? That’s why the method of fasting is important.
There are different methods of fastening, such as garter or velcro. One of the most common fastening methods used in sleep masks is the garter. Garter is an alright fastening material because it adjusts to the size of your head, but it might get looser over time.
Velcro offers a better fastening material, most especially if you have long or curly hair. In which case, the Sleep Fun Orbit Eye Mask might prove to be a good option.
I don’t know about you, but I personally can’t sleep when my mask smells like sweat and cheese curls. It prevents you from getting comfortable and getting a good night’s sleep. That’s why it’s important that you get a sleep mask that can be washed and it’s a huge plus if it dries up quickly too.
Some materials, like silk or cotton, can be easier to wash than others, like mesh for example. So, if you plan on using a mask every night, consider the washability of that specific mask. Like, is it easy to wash? Can you throw it in the washer and not get ripped?
Ability to block light
Go back to your original purpose for wanting to buy a sleeping mask — to get quality sleep. That’s why one of the top qualities you should consider is a product’s ability to block out light. Most products won’t be able to block out light 100% all the time but, you have to find the one that you can tolerate.
While material and cushioning determine this factor, in most instances, it’s the space between the product and the bridge of your nose where light seeps in.
I personally put a premium on three things when shopping for a face mask: breathability, cushioning, and something that affords some form of luxury. It may be basic but the material is premium like in the case of ZIMASILK Super Smooth Silk Mask.
However, comfortable for me may not be comfortable for you. So, find your own sweet spot.
It could be the contour, size, and weight. It could even be your personal preference for color or print.
Depending on your needs, wants, and budget, you can also get any face mask that’s anywhere between bare basic and multifunctional. You might have more need for a heating sleeping mask like the GRAPHENE TIMES USB Self-Warming Eye Mask. It can help relieve eye strain as well as soothe migraines.
Or, you might be looking for a new tech toy that also aids you to sleep better. Perhaps the TOPOINT Eye Mask with Wireless Audio & Mic can satisfy your needs and wants in a single product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it okay to sleep with an eye mask?
It is absolutely fine to sleep with a sleep mask or an eye mask. Just make sure never to sleep with the cords still plugged into a power source. It will be best if you can get a hold of GRAPHENE TIMES USB Self-Warming Eye Mask which has an auto power shut-off mode.
If you’re a CPAP mask user, it’s best to get an eye mask you can safely and comfortably wear with your CPAP machine like the Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask with Adjustable Straps.
Q: Do sleep masks work?
It is safe to use a sleep mask to help block out light when you are trying to sleep. A person’s normal sleeping time is at night. Our hormones react to the darkness and subconsciously tell our brain that it’s time to sleep.
For people working the graveyard shift, a sleep mask then becomes inevitable. This means they have to sleep during the day. If you work late nights too, a sleep mask is definitely for you.
Q: What are the benefits of wearing sleep masks?
There’s a long list of benefits! Some of these include improved focus, mood, memory, and it may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases like stroke.
Q: What can I do to get quality sleep other than putting on my sleeping mask?
Complement sleep mask-wearing with the following habits to enjoy deep slumber night after night:
- Hit the sheets at the same time of night or day to develop a sleeping pattern.
- Pull down the blinds or curtains.
- Don’t take tea or coffee at least 6 hours before bedtime.
- Block off unwanted noises by draft strip sealing your doors and windows.
- Play soft music in the background.
Always aim for quality sleep. It helps set your mood and focus come morning. More importantly, it can set you up for better health and well-being. So, never again underestimate the value of a good night’s sleep.
Equip yourself with the right tools, that include the best sleep mask for side sleepers. But, I suggest you go beyond by examining the root cause of your sleepless nights. Stop worrying. All will be well.
Leave a Reply