This post may contain affiliate links so we may receive compensation if you sign up for or purchase products linked to below. As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. Read our disclosure for more information.
Traveling in public with sensitive goods can be uncomfortable for you and for your co-passengers. They might be bothered by the smell of your backpack, and this can cause issues. The best way to avoid such issues altogether is to use the best smell proof backpack that you can find. There are a bunch of amazing backpacks available with anti-odor linings and anti-theft technology that you can find online. Check out our in-depth reviews and buying guide and you can buy the best backpacks of 2022 that you can find.
Primary Keyword for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Since there are SO many backpacks available online, we came up with a shortlist to make your life easier. Go through our top 10 recommendations for the best smell proof backpack until you come across a product that’s just right for your needs. These are definitely the top 10 reliable & inexpensive anti-odor backpacks that you can find online in 2022.
|Product||Brand||Dimensions of the Bag||Type of Lock||Smell Proof Tech||No. of Pockets||Details|
|Skunk||18” x 11” x 5”||Combination zipper lock||Thermal foil layers coupled with a layer of activated carbon||3||See price|
|Formline||17” x 13” x 6”||Built-in end combination lock||Formline Internal Roll Closure with activated carbon||4||See price|
|Discreet Smoker||10” x 9” x 2”||Double zipper combination lock||Made of tested smell-proof nylon||3||See price|
|Mzipline||17.5” x 11.5” x 5.5”||Double zipper with TSA lock and key||Activated carbon layer and aluminum foil lining||5||See price|
|Herb Guard||18” x 12” x 5.5”||Double zipper and velcro with combo lock||Layer of activated charcoal||4||See price|
|Snoop Proof||17” x 12” x 5.5”||Discreet 2-way zipper with rubber seal but no lock||Lined with activated carbon fiber and rubber seals||3||See price|
|Skunk||18” x 12” x 6”||Waterproof zipper and velcro with combination lock||Thermal foil layers coupled with a layer of activated carbon||5||See price|
|Skunk||8” x 4” x 3”||Weather-resistant zipper with combination lock||Thermal foil layers coupled with a layer of activated carbon||Multiple||See price|
|Dime Bags||18” x 12.5” x 1”||Customizable velcro patch with no lock||Innovative blend of hemp and polyester||2||See price|
|Fintie||17.7” x 11.8” x 5.9”||RFID protection compartment with TSA combo lock||Thermal foil layers coupled with a layer of activated carbon||Multiple||See price|
1. Skunk Element Smell-Proof & Weather Resistant School Backpack
- Bag dimensions: 18” x 11” x 5”
- Padded back and shoulder straps
- Double zipper with combo lock
- Activated carbon layer smell-proof tech
- Made of weather-resistant nylon
Skunk makes the best smell proof backpack that you can buy – the Element School Backpack. This is our favorite product for several reasons. Firstly, it’s a large bag that can easily fit notebooks, laptops, etc. Secondly, it comes with a double zipper and a combo lock for security. Thirdly, its activated carbon layer provides amazing smell-proof technology. Last of all, it’s available in lots of colors.
- The activated carbon layer can absorb all interior smells easily.
- It has an amazing combo lock for added security and privacy.
- Skunk provides these backpacks in lots of amazing colors.
- It’s made of durable and high-quality materials as well.
- The stitches on the side come off sometimes.
2. Formline Supply Anti-Smell Backpack with Combo Lock
- Bag dimensions: 17” x 13” x 6”
- Formline Internal Roll Closure anti-smell tech
- YKK double zipper with combo lock
- Padded compartment for electronics
- Anti-smell front pockets included too
If you are willing to splurge a little, then we will recommend the Formline anti-smell backpack to you. Their Internal Roll Closure design is one of the best anti-smell mechanisms that we have ever seen. It creates a false bottom where you can stash your private “smelly” stash. The layer also has activated carbon to absorb the odor. We were also very impressed with the double zipper and combo lock.
- Formline’s Internal Roll Closure anti-smell tech is very effective and smart.
- It has a padded compartment that’s great for storing electronics.
- The large size of the bag is perfect for students.
- Formline’s combo lock will keep your goods safe and private.
- The compartments don’t have dividers inside them.
3. Discreet Smoker Mini Backpack with Secret Lock
- Bag dimensions: 10” x 9” x 2”
- 100% odorless and smell proof
- Comes with a secret combo lock
- Can fit electronics very easily
- Comes with 3 spacious pockets
If you’re looking for a chic and cute backpack to carry around your stash in, then we would ask you to take a look at the Discreet Smoker mini backpack. True to its brand name, this product is made of durable nylon that has been treated to be 100% smell proof. For extra privacy, this bag has a durable combo lock to protect the contents inside the 3 spacious pockets.
- Discreet Smoker has an adorable, chic, and stylish design.
- Despite being small, this bag is big enough for your electronics.
- The zipper lock will keep all of your belongings safe.
- This backpack has been made of smell-proof nylon.
- The straps are uncomfortable as they don’t have padding.
4. MZipLine Smell Proof Backpack with TSA Lock – Best DesignRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Bag dimensions: 17.5” x 11.5” x 5.5”
- Anti-smell activated carbon layer technology
- TSA lock and key
- Double zipper included for protection
- Lined with aluminum foil
This is an amazing smell-proof backpack, and in our opinion, it has the best design. Its pockets are lined with aluminum foil and a layer of activated carbon. It also has two zippers, which can keep your stash protected at all times. The backpack also comes with a TSA lock & key, which is almost impossible to pick. It comes in lots of colors and has a bunch of compartments.
- The TSA lock and key are secure and impossible to pick.
- MZipLine bags have many compartments to store books, electronics, etc.
- The layer of activated carbon and aluminum foil is odorless.
- It comes in a variety of amazing designs and colors.
- It is a little bulky for some.
5. Herb Guard Large Smell Proof Backpack – Best for ProsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Bag dimensions: 18” x 12” x 5.5”
- Double velcro and zipper seal
- Comes with a side handle
- Anti-smell activated carbon layer technology
- Sleek, discreet, and stylish design
If you work at a dispensary and are looking for the best smell proof backpack for deliveries, we would recommend the Herb Guard model. True to its name, this large XL-sized backpack comes with a layer of activated charcoal. It also has a double velcro and zipper seal for keeping in the odor. It has a sleek discreet design, a side handle, and a built-in combo lock as well.
- Herb Guard’s bags have a very sleek, discreet, and stylish design.
- The side handle allows you to use it as a handheld case.
- Its anti-smell carbon lining is effective.
- The built-in combo lock & zippers will keep your goods safe.
- The boxy design might not be loved by all.
6. Snoop Proof Smell Proof XL Backpack – Best Anti-Odor TechRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Bag dimensions: 17” x 12” x 5.5”
- Zippers lined with rubber seals
- Lined with activated carbon fiber
- Discreet design with hidden layers
- Zippers lined with waterproof TPU
Snoop Proof is an amazing company and their bags utilize the best anti-odor tech in the world. First of all, every square inch of the bag has been lined with activated carbon fiber. This will trap all the odor and keep the contents of your bag private. Additionally, Snoop Proof has also added zippers lined with rubber seals and waterproof TPU. All in all, this is a really great backpack.
- The discreet design of Snoop Proof backpacks is impressive.
- This entire backpack is lined with a layer of activated carbon fiber.
- The zippers are reinforced with rubber seals as well.
- Snoop Proof bags also have a really cool design.
- Sadly, this bag does not come with in-built locks.
7. Skunk Urban Smell Proof and Hydroponic Backpack – Best AestheticRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Bag dimensions: 18” x 12” x 6”
- Lined with activated thermal carbon filter
- Zippers and pockets are waterproof
- Comes with a velcro closure
- Secured with Skunk combo lock
If style and aesthetics are important to you, then this urban hydroponic backpack is going to be your constant companion. The inside is lined with a layer of activated thermal carbon, which can retain all odors very well. The zippers and pockets are secured with Skunk’s combo lock and a velcro flap. The backpack’s back and shoulder straps are padded and comfy – making them the perfect choice for regular use.
- This is the best smell proof backpack with an aesthetic design.
- It is lined with Skunk’s trademark lining of activated carbon.
- Skunk bags also come secured with a combo lock.
- It is made of high quality and durable materials.
- The zipper can be improved as it’s rather flimsy.
8. Skunk Sidekick Anti-Smell Case with Combo Lock – Best for TravellersRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Bag dimensions: 8” x 4” x 3”
- Concentrated activated carbon lining filter
- Comes in 7 different attractive colors
- Loaded with interior mesh pockets
- Secured with Skunk combo lock
If you’re looking for a case to carry your stash safely and discreetly, then we would ask you to take a look at the Skunk Sidekick anti-smell case. The dimensions of the bag are not that big, but it’s the perfect size for you to store all your precious cargo. Like all Skunk products, the bag has been secured with a combo lock. It’s available in lots of adorable colors.
- The interior of the bag is functional and great for travelers.
- It’s made of premium and high-quality materials as well.
- Skunk bags also come secured with a combo lock.
- The bag also comes with removable velcro dividers.
- The odor of the contents will linger inside the bag.
9. Dime Bags Slinger Cross-Body One Strap Backpack – Best Cross-BodyRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Bag dimensions: 18” x 12.5” x 1”
- Discreet and interchangeable velcro strap
- Large and spacious bag interior
- Comfortable and convenient cross-body strap
- Made of 100% waterproof fabric
If you’re willing to try out something a little adventurous, then you’ll love the Dime Bags slinger bag with a unique cross-body strap. This is a really cool backpack and it comes with a lining of activated charcoal. It’s 100% odorless and it’s made out of waterproof TPU nylon fabric. It also has a discreet velcro strap that you can use while you are outside traveling in public transport.
- The cross-body strap is simple, easy to use, and comfortable.
- Dime Bags are made of comfortable fabric that’s spacious and waterproof.
- Organically grown hemp is used to make these bags.
- Just one bag has a lot of space inside it.
- The smell-proof guarantee doesn’t always hold with this.
10. Fintie Travel & Laptop Backpack with RFID – Best Anti-Theft BackpackRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Bag dimensions: 17.7” x 11.8” x 5.9”
- Specially designed anti-theft chamber
- Comes with RFID protection
- Includes TSA approved combination lock
- Sleek and discreet shape retention
If security is a big consideration for you, then you should take a look at these amazing anti-theft backpacks made by Fintie. They’re made of high-quality materials and have a very sleek and cool design. We love how this backpack has an anti-odor lining, an RFID compartment to protect your electronics, and a TSA-approved combination lock. It really is the best smell proof backpack for security reasons.
- No matter what you put in it, it will retain its shape.
- Fintie’s RFID protection chamber is great for keeping electronics safe.
- It’s big enough for a 15.6” laptop.
- It has an external USB port and a USB 4.0 cable.
- The bottle/cup holder can be improved.
We have compiled a list of important factors that you need to think about if you want to buy the best smell proof backpack. There are hundreds of products available online, and this section of our review will help you realize what things you need to be looking out for.
1. Quality of the Lining
The quality of the anti-smell lining is very important. Most bags actually use a layer of activated carbon or charcoal for this purpose. Bags like the Skunk Urban or the Skunk Element actually use a 5-layer technology that combines thermal foil along with activated carbon.
2. Size of the Storage
We would also ask you to look at the dimensions of the bag before ordering. If you’ll be carrying a laptop, school supplies, etc. then you should get one of the bigger bags. We recommend the Formline XL backpack or the Herb Guard XL backpack.
3. Security of the Bag
It’s also a good idea to look at the security features that come along with the bag. For example, we would recommend you to go for bags that come with combination locks or TSA-approved locks. The Fintie anti-theft and MZipLine bags have amazing security.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do smell-proof backpacks really work?
Yes, the best smell proof backpack such as the Skunk Sidekick, the Skunk Urban, or Snoop Proof actually works very well. These backpacks have a layer of activated charcoal which absorbs the odor of the contents inside the bag.
Q: What exactly is a TSA lock?
A TSA lock is basically a type of key/combination lock that’s approved by the Transportation Security Administration of the United States government. TSA-approved locks are used in all kinds of backpacks and luggage items all over the USA.
This has been an illuminating and complete guide that will help you purchase the best smell proof backpack for your needs. No matter what kind of needs you have, our comprehensive guide will help you track down the backpack that suits you the best. Please remember to go through our buying guide and reviews for all the info you’ll need!
Leave a Reply